Welcome to 人类学
人类学 is the study of the human species, its relatives and antecedents, everywhere and throughout time. 作为一门学科, it includes social sciences, biological sciences, 地球科学, and health sciences. It is often presented as a set of sub-disciplines: cultural anthropology, linguisticanthropology, physical anthropology, and archaeology. The goal of anthropology is to answer the question, “What is humankind?” from a biological, prehistoric, and behavioral perspective. 像这样, anthropology involves the study of people, 它们的起源, their biological variations and characteristics, their languages and cultural patterns, their social structures and institutions, and their adaptation to their environment.
Is an anthropology major for me?
- You are curious about diverse cultures and societies in the world.
- You're intrigued by the history of ancient societies and culture and would like to preserve this history.
- You enjoy people and observing social interaction.
- You're interested in conducting research.
- You want to learn new languages.
- You enjoy traveling and want to work outdoors.
- You are interested in studying how biological traits developed in humans and our relatives.
- You are interested in learning more about the behavior of primates.
- You want to learn more about Forensic Sciences and the human skeleton.
Feather River College offers a range of anthropology courses from experts in the field. Many are offered in the online format. If you are interested in pursing an online degree, these courses are for you!
Program Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the 人类学 program coursework, students will be able to:
- Describe the interrelated sub-disciplines of cultural anthropology, biological anthropology, 语言学, and archaeology.
- Discuss the evolution of the human species and its antecedents and their relationships to other non-human primates.
- Analyze the processes that lead to cross-cultural differences.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.